Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm Back!


These are my two latest projects. They'll be in my store soon, so be sure to check it out.

I'm back from my vacation! It was so much fun, I really didn't even want to come back home. We walked around the Rose Garden (though there weren't too many roses out yet), hiked to Pittock Mansion, did some fondue, ate out at tons of neat restaurants, did "Happy Hour" almost every night, went to a bowling alley/bar, and shopped 'til we almost dropped at lots of cute little boutiques. I have pictures, but I haven't transferred them to my computer yet. I'll be sure to post them as soon as I do.

We also got to tour the Art Institute of Portland, where I'm considering enrolling in the Apparel Accessory Design program. It's such a tiny little school, but I loved everything about it. They have students' projects hanging on their walls, and it was really interesting looking at the kind of things I'd be doing in that school. I also got to see some students at work in the sewing rooms and draping room, and that was pretty cool! I still have a lot to think about, but I'm slowly leaning more toward moving back to Oregon for a few years to take this program. It's nice being at home, but home will always be here when I'm ready to come back. And taking this program would be such a wonderful experience for me, since this is really what I want to do with my life. So I think I'm going to have to take out my pen and paper (or my Microsoft Word) and list out my pros and cons.

But for now, back to the daily grind of things...

3 comments:

Angel said...

Thanks for the comment! Great jewelry! ~angel

Unknown said...

beautiful!!

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Awesome necklace!