Friday, June 20, 2008

Inspiration Strikes!





I just got these great new supplies in that inspired me to create these amazing earrings. I first started out with those white wood flowers that I had leftover from the other earrings I made awhile ago. Then I moved on to these round wood pendants with a butterfly design and thought they looked great with these light pink glass hearts I had. Soon enough, the inspiration came easily, and before I knew it, I had three more pairs of new earrings that I just love.

I have noticed that I've been making a lot of earrings lately compared to necklaces and bracelets. I don't know what it is about earrings, but I just adore them. I know this sounds strange, being that I create jewelry, but I always find it such a hassle to find the proper jewelry to match the outfit I'm wearing and then put it all on. But earrings are so easy and fun! There are so many different styles, and all I have to do is slip them right in and I'm ready to go. That's probably why I love making them so much.

So that's it for now. It's back to the drawing board for me, because I have even more new supplies that I can't wait to try out and millions of ideas swimming through my brain. If I don't draw them out soon something may escape! I've also been busy with my Jewelry Design and Repair course, and have been learning so many things that I never knew. I can't wait to actually do some hands-on work and create those metal pieces that I've always been longing to do.

1 comment:

Rosebud Collection said...

Your blog is great..and the earrings are beautiful..